Episode #22 Robbie Adair
This week's special guest is Robbie Adair from Media A-Team, Inc. You may have seen her speaking at a Joomla! Conference. She started her website building business about 16 years ago and discovered Mambo and switched to Joomla as it matured to a better product. Her background is training and training manager while building websites on the site but that eventually, the website development became a full-time family business. The Media A-Team is also involved in other areas like video production, training, graphic design...
"for a lot of clients, it is not their business to do websites, they know their business but they just don’t know the best way to integrate it into a website, or what tools to use inside the website to help their business."
In this episode you will hear:
- How to train your customer to be a good decision makers
- What should the client know about their solution
- How she found Mambo and how it changed everything about building websites
- About her first experience with the community and what that led to
- How she is able to encourage client engagement in their own websites
- About the pros and cons for hiring an agency vs. employing someone
- About how the team developed and how they work together
- About the value of using contractors
- How working with Joomla! Days and Joomla! events influences her business
- How an open source event is for everyone, "no matter who you are there is something to learn from someone"
- What Fabric is all about, how she got involved and how it has impacted business
- Advice about buying a Joomla! Business