Episode #21 with Mitch Pirtle
This week's guest is Mitch Pirtle (or Space Monkey) from Spacemonkey Laboratories. His history starts with Mambo and he is one of the founders of the Joomla! "spoon". His task was to bring in new leadership to the new project while keeping his own business running. As a real polyglot, he has also been involved in many other technology projects like PHPFI, Python, Zope, Plone, Ruby on Rails, Node, MongoDB and others and his latest favorite the GO programing language.
“It was the open source volunteers that made Mambo into a usable product and something worth downloading, and it was the open source community that made it a vibrant community and a safe place to do business”
“There’s good, there’s fast and there’s cheap, which two do you want?”
In this episode you will hear:
- How the Joomla! project got started and what it was like to be part of it
- The community response and support to the project transition
- About the value of being in different communities instead of only one
- What should be the focus of an entrepreneur
- Managing the client's expectations is important for both parties
- How you can gauge the success of a nurse, seriously!
- What he sees coming down the road for Joomla! and its entrepreneurs
Where can you contact Mitch:
- Twitter: twitter.com/mitchitized