Install PixCookies Restrict extension (see Installing and uninstalling).
PixCookies Restrict plugin
Go to Extensions > Plugin Manager and find the System - PixCookies Restrict plugin.
Open up the plugin interface by clicking the link. Enable the plugin and set the ordering to last. Save the changes and close the interface.
PixCookies Restrict module
Go to Extensions > Modules Manager and find the PixCookies Restrict module.
Open up the module interface. There are a few settings to review here. First up is the Alternative Layout settings. These layouts alter the behaviour of the module in the following way:
- accept: This layout shows the PixCookies Restrict box when a visitor has not accepted cookies.
- default: This layout always shows the PixCookies Restrict box, both when a visitor has and has not accepted cookies.
- reject: This layout shows the PixCookies Restrict box when a visitor has accepted cookies.
- Module position (default): This does not alter the placement of the PixCookies Restrict box.
- Top (absolute): This places the PixCookies Restrict box at the top of the page.
- Bottom (fixed): This places the PixCookies Restrict box at the bottom of the window.
There is also the possibility to change the styling of the layout of the PixCookies Restrict box. There are three different styles to choose from:
- Legacy: The legacy style from previous versions, used by default. This is to not break any custom overrides made.
- Bootstrap: This is the new styled version of the PixCookies Restrict box, using the same CSS as the core Joomla! system messages.
- Clean: This layout has a very minimal structure with next to no CSS attributes. This style is aimed for developers who like to create custom overrides for the PixCookies Restrict box.
The different style options and the placements can be seen in the image below. Note that the black boxes representing the different placements for the PixCookies Restrict box has added styling making them black.
Next is the settings for adding a link to a cookie information page, if more information is needed to be given to the visitors. If you don't want to use the link in the PixCookies Restrict box, simply leave the Cookie page link text field blank.
Lastly, there is the option to edit the text displayed on the buttons for accepting and rejecting cookies. Each button is shown in the corresponding layout, see above.
Set the module as published, select a position and make sure it is assigned to all pages of your website. Save and close.