Install PixAnalytic extension ( see Installing and uninstalling ).
Go to Extensions, Plugin Manager and find the System - PixAnalytic plugin. Open the plugin and enable it.
Next, select a version of Google Analytics (GA) to use: universal (default) or classic (legacy). If you are still using classic however, Google strongly recommend migrating to univeral. The other available settings are:
- Google Analytic property ID - make sure you use the GA version corresponding to your property ID.
- Optional cookie domain - if to be other than the website domain.
- Enhanced link attribution* - differentiate between multiple in-page links to the same URL.
- Disable cookie** - Optionally let the plugin use visitor IP addresses to calculate a unique client ID instead of using a cookie. Accuracy is decreased a little but data is collected even if cookies aren't accepted. (Available for universal version only.)
- Anonymize IP** - Optionally anonymize visitor IP addresses by telling Google Analytics to not store the full IP address.
*) Available for classic version only.
**) Available for universal version only.
Save the changes. You have now installed PixAnalytics on your site and started collecting data in your Google Analytics account!