Episode #28 Sam Suresh
Live from Malaysia, this week's guest on Pixpro Labs Live Show is Sam Suresh from MU DOT MY. Sam is a technology instructor at MU DOT MY which focuses on web development, mobile applications development, and digital marketing. Most classes are live with follow up to keep in touch with the students.
He started working at a multi-national company which was sending him to different educations. He became inspired by one of the trainers who asked him to teach a class. The response was positive and it inspired him to eventually start his own business about 10 years ago.
"I am lucky because I haven't really learned how to overcome such (downtrend) situations, we are improving every year. I started small where half of my office was my training space and the other half was my house where my sisters and my mother lived. Right now we have our own 2000 square feet training center which we own. So there has been a lot of achievement compared to the first days of our business, so there hasn't been any real down point in our business, only going up and up."
In this episode you will hear:
- How Sam finds students for his classes
- How does he price the products
- What types of certifications are provided for the different types of training programs
- What his team looks like and how he finds new team members
- What qualifies a good trainer for his programs
- How being part of the Joomla! Community has affected his business
- What kind of marketing works for the business and how do people find him
- What are the most important tools for his business, besides his mobile phone
- Advice for others who are interested in adding or improving their training program
- How has training changed over the past 10 years
- How he found Joomla!
- His experience with organizing a Joomla! conference
- Challenge of balancing business and family life
Where can you contact Sam:
Google my name: Sam Suresh