Episode #20 Roland Dalmulder
Live from The Netherlands, this week's guest is Roland Dalmulder from RolandD Cyber Produksi. Roland has been with Joomla since day one and has been running his own company for the last 11 years. He started out by developing free extensions for VirtueMart and now has several commercial extensions to support his lifestyle. Because of his business, he now has the freedom to travel when he wants to and also he started running to take breaks from the office which has lead him to run in several marathons and also arrange the Joomla! Performance Run during conferences.
"If you are going to build an extension you have to be in it for the long run. Don’t start an extension and be done after a year, it takes 3 to 5 years to build up a customer base."
In this episode you will hear:
- What got him started with Joomla!
- What the different roles he has had in the Joomla! community has done for his business
- His recommendations for getting into an Open Source project
- How he got recruited into Joomla! Leadership
- What the biggest challenges of leadership in an Open Source Community are
- How others can get involved in the Joomla! project
- How to put a price on an extension
- How he found his team
- How his business it going to move forward
- What inspires the creation of an extension
- His approach to teaching his customers to use the products
- His take on the market for new developers trying to start a business
How to contact Roland:
Glip: Roland Dalmulder